Monday, January 12, 2009

Warming up...

A week has passed since I'm back in business although the cycle has not really warmed up yet. Managing human resource is not as easy as managing lifeless stock; students to be reminded, timetable to be readjusted, classes to be monitored, reports to be drafted, prepared n written n etc. The first day of school saw an official from DEO who came to observe the running of the 1st day of school. Who in their right mind would suggest an observer to come on the 1st day to carry out the observation?? Even Uni students need the refresher's week, what more with the school-going children??

Friday came in a hurry; seemed like nothing much has been accomplished. Well, at least I still have sometime in the coming weeks to continue with the unfinished business (hopefully!!). WHY?? cos at 6.20 pm, I received a phone call informing me that a neighbour had passed away that evening. I accepted the fact that we shall 'go' when the time has come but in this case, the deceased was about 43 years old... That made me think, do I really have all the time until my retirement day in 2029 to do what I'm suppose to do or will I only have a few more years left??

This week I'm on duty and that means arriving by 7.15 a.m in school and with the numerous meetings to be held and sports practices, I'm prepared to go back at 5 or 6 pm but tomorrow (tuesday) I'll be going to Taiping for a meeting (8.30 am) and that means my colleague has to cover my slot. On wednesday, sports meeting is scheduled to be on and the disciplinary board meeting is on thursday. This saturday is supposed to be a school day because HM has decided to take the whole week for the Chinese New Year holiday but I won't be in cos the state co-cu unit has decided to carry forward the meeting from 23-25 Jan to 16-18 Jan, to be held in Pkln Hulu (again!)

As the year progresses, I'm hoping that I'll be able to handle things accordingly and at the same time still be able to maintain those handsome 'patches' up-there from thinning out...Any suggestion??