Wednesday, January 7, 2009

To Do or Not To Do.......

Once in a comfort zone, normally we are reluctant to move out. Would this be applicable for our kids too? I have mixed feelings about this. The reason? Planning or charting the future for our kids. With the current scenario of our young generation, degradation of social values, knowledge for future usage; I feel that I need to......

Last friday at 3 pm, we started our journey to the east coast and we arrived at around 10 pm. Thanks to new seatbelt ruling, we had to leave the 3 kids and the maid behind in TM, just in case of roadblocks. We're sending our eldest to a religious school. The journey was ok but it was raining all the way starting from Ipoh to KB. The following day, we were supposed to attend the briefing at 8 am but decided to skip the lecture and went straight for the registration n paying for the school and hostel fees at 9.45 am. The school is under Kltn Islamic Foundation. Being boarding school students, wifey and I have this fuzzy recollection of hostel life. There were about 250 f.1 students doing their registration and suddenly I felt like I was in a govt boarding school cos I met parents coming as far as Johor during registration. Things were a bit chaotic because we realised that we missed out on a few essentials for the hostel life e.g padlock n we had to buy a pillow cos it's not provided and it was raining all the while!! After paying for the fees and booking the bed in the hostel (as usual, they gave the 3rd floor to f.1) we went out at 12.30 pm to complete the list and to take our lunch.

We went back to the hostel at 5.30 pm to unpack, put markings on the stuff, organised them in the locker, tested the padlock, gave a few do's and dont's and by 7 pm (not before some red-eye-session), we were on our way back to TM cos we didn't want to get stuck if the flood decides to block any major route out of Kelantan. The traffic was slow moving and by the time I reached Gerik, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I decided to rest for a while and what was supposed to be a forty-winks turned out to be a-two-hour-nap at the rest area. After finishing a burger as my supper, I started off at 1 am and reached TM at 3.30 am...

Driving for 6 hours just to send him to continue his study was tiring, not because I'm not used to it but becos of all the instant execution of plans. I thought I had prepared everything but the result showed otherwise. Without realising it, my eldest has started a new chapter in his life but I have full faith in him. Tho' he might stumble but I do believe, with all the exposure that he has, he would be able to survive among his new friends. The thought of sending him to SMKA's did cross my mind and he did apply but I think he would be better off in the east coast. We'll see whether my plan would be for or against me........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
me and i said...

insyaallah..good intention, good end result

Sheena Razali said...

I still remember my first day at boarding school. Scared, excited, lonely, exhilirating, sad. Couldn't speak the language, washing my own clothes, living with strangers. I hated yet loved it. The most formative years of my life. Also, thanks to you that made it more bearable. I'm sure you're son will have a fine time, InsyaAllah.