Sunday, April 5, 2009

Love- A different perspective.

Slow down to read this. It should be worth it.

Touching words from the mouths of babes. What does 'Love' mean?

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, 'What does 'love' mean?' The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

1) 'When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.'
Billy - age 4

2) 'Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.'
Karl - age 5

3) 'Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.'
Chris Lim - age 6

4) 'Love is when my mummy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.'
Daniel - age 7

5) 'Love is what's in the house with you at Hari Raya if you stop watching tv and look around.'
Boy - age 7 (Wow!)

6) 'If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,'
Nikki - age 6
(we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)

7) 'Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.'
Tommy - age 6

8) 'During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore.'
Cindy - age 8

9) 'Love is when Mummy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.'
Elaine-age 5

10) 'I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.'
Lily - age 4

11) 'You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.'
Jasmin - age 8

So, there you go... Some definition of love coming from unadulterated minds. Do you foresee it coming??

No comments: