Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What goes around.....

Greetings to those who stop by...

It's been quite sometime since I last explore issues about being part of a system/ community. It is now April and my scope is slowly widening; homeground and away. This is the time where I need to deal with my immediate colleagues and those who'll be running the show at various levels. I'm not sure whether I'm a leader or I like to be led but I guess everybody is just like that; sometimes we like to take the lead and sometimes we like others to lead.

The talk is abuzz when we have to multitask. Some people need a certain amount of pressure to keep them going but some don't like to be pressurised. Many would like to balance between work and pleasure cos all work and no play, surely makes you a d**b boy.. Some thought that personal interest is more important than core business and this noble profession has more than its fair share of honest employees or otherwise.

Hmm, what I'm trying to say is, if we work in a group, don't try to show that you can do this or you can do that if you cant deliver what you say. Delegation of work is important so that our superiors/clients could get the best deal. Firm/ Astute self confidence is needed but not to the extent that it irks others. Sometimes being a follower is better in the sense that you let others to plan for you but hey, let me remind you, RESPECT OTHERS if you want to be respected. We are not SUPER man/woman, that's why we have a chain of command; Bossy boss>> Superb sub>> Weary workers. If you happen to be the last runner for the relay team, try to appreciate the effort made by the 1st runner and try to make things worthwhile to those who have given you the chance to prove yourself.

To sum things up.... Do Your Best to prove that you are a reliable CO-WORKER and not a TROUBLEMAKER....

Have I made myself clear???

1 comment:

ME, UNVEILED said...
This comment has been removed by the author.